10 amazing facts about the Earth

10 amazing facts about the Earth

Our Earth is the most diverse and incredible planet in the studied entire universe. It is not only our house, but also the habitat of various species of animals, plants and organisms that, indeed, make our planet unique. In search of extraterrestrial life, we sometimes forget about the familiar place with a variety of climatic conditions, the amazing natural phenomena and stories more exciting than any other fictional world. It is not surprising then that there are so many amazing facts that you might never heard.

Changing magnetic poles

10 amazing facts about the Earth - Changing magnetic poles It turns out that the magnetic poles are periodically displaced relative to each other. Last time it happened 780,000 years ago as a result of spontaneous changes in the planet’s crust.

Volcano acting now 2000 years

10 amazing facts about the Earth - 2000 year old Stromboli volcano Stromboli volcano in southern Italy is the most “active” volcano on the planet. It periodically erupts for nearly 2,000 years.

Earth is the only planet in the solar system, not named in honor of the deity.

10 amazing facts about the Earth - unique name in whole solar system All the planets that revolve around the Sun are named in honor of the gods and goddesses of ancient Rome, even those planets that were discovered after the fall of the empire – such as Neptune and Uranus.

On the Earth there is a small amount of freshwater

10 amazing facts about the Earth - freshwater lake Only 3% of the planet’s water is a freshwater that can be drunk. The remaining 97% is sea water. Of those 3%, 2/3 of water is in glaciers at the poles.

Coral Reef – the largest creature in the world

10 amazing facts about the Earth - Great barrier reef Among all living systems in the world coral reefs is the biggest. For example, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia is longer than the Great Wall of China and is the only living creature that can be seen from space.

The lowest temperature – 89.2 degrees Celsius

10 amazing facts about the Earth - coolest temperature 89.2 degrees Celsius The lowest temperature – 89.2 degrees Celsius was recorded in the Antarctic station “Vostok”.

The highest temperature – 57.8 degrees Celsius

10 amazing facts about the Earth - hottest place The highest temperature on Earth was recorded in 1992 in the desert of El Azizia, Libya. The temperature was 57.8 degrees Celsius.

The Earth is home to more than 8 million species

10 amazing facts about the Earth - animal species According to recent studies, scientists have been able to count 8.7 million different species of living organisms on the planet. However, another 90% need to catalog, and, according to experts, in fact, the world may be up to 100 million different kinds of living beings.

We investigated only 5% of the ocean

10 amazing facts about the Earth - endless ocean The fact that many species were unknown to science, should not be surprising, given the fact that humanity has examined only 5% of the oceans. And this is despite the fact that they cover 70% of the planet.

The Earth is not round

10 amazing facts about the Earth - It has not a round shape In fact, the Earth is not spherical. Its shape is flattened at the poles uniaxial ellipsoid. The shape formed due to the centrifugal force of the planet, which occurs at the time of rotation around its axis and forms a small bulge at the equator.

Facebook Comments
Share:

Leave a Reply

Close